Cities of Europe
This Month: Germany
Netherlands Places to Visit
Map of North Germany - East
Zoom Out the Map by clicking on it.
North East Germany. Shown on this map:
- Berlin - The capital of Germany, Berlin has great restaurants and nightlife, but also a great sense of history, many of their classic buildings have been or are being rebuilt.
- Greifswald - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern - With its beginnings in 1199, this city has one of the world’s oldest universities. Worth visiting - the Pommersches Landesmuseum dedicated to the history and arts of Pomerania and the town centre, fully restored by 1980 with its historic marketplace.
- Kiel - Schleswig-Holstein. Kiel is the gateway to Scandinavia and the capital of the state of Schleswig-Holstein. Visit the Kiel Fjord, the modern city’s centre and the Dänische Strasse for its maritime history and buildings. The city has scenic beaches on the Baltic Sea. Other places to visit include the Maritime Museum at Sartori Quay, the Kunsthalle art gallery and the Computer Museum.
- Lübeck - Began in 1143. A classic free town of the Hanseatic League that dominated trade and is still a centre for world trade. The old town here is a World Heritage Site, a beautiful old town district, Koberg. Lübeck also has a nearby seaside resort and harbour at Travemünde, noted by its old lighthouse.
- Ludwigslust Mecklenburg-Vorpommern - Small town with character and Dukes of Mecklenburg Castle, the surrounding Ludwigslust castle park is some 120 acres of parkland.
- Neubrandenburg - the Town of the Four Gates on the Tollensesee has plenty of opportunities to shop and enjoy the many leisure, sport and cultural facilities available here. Located in the Mecklenburg Lake District, there are green and woodland places to enjoy outdoors.
- Oranienburg - Brandenburg - A castle was built here alongside the river Havel in the 12th century, a village soon developed around it. Places to visit include the Sachsenhausen Museum and Memorial, while for the younger ones, there is the Germendorf Wildlife, Adventure and Dinosaur Park. There are great walks available by the lakes and in the surrounding woodlands.
- Ratzeburg - is known as a health resort. Situated on an island, the town has beaches to enjoy and water sports play an important role. Museums include the Ernst Barlach Museum, the A. Paul Weber-Museum and the Kreismuseum.
- Rostock - This harbour city still has much of its earlier defence wall ramparts from medieval times, is harbour is now a leisure and entertainment centre, including restaurants and cafés. In the town centre, there are gabled houses, churches and historical warehouses to see. Nearby, the seaside resort of Warnemünde attracts visitors from both overseas and Germany.
National Parks in North East Germany
- Jasmund National Park
- Müritz National Park
- Naturpark Drömling
See the National Parks and Reserves Map Germany.
Maps of Europe
Europe Maps - Find the routes to take in as much or little as you may want. See the Europe Map - France Map - Map of the Netherlands.
Hotels in Germany
You can find accommodation throughout Germany from luxury resorts and hotels to backpackers and bed & breakfasts.
Description: North East Germany Map - Click to Zoom Out.
Search the Europe Places Guide